Yet Another Mail Merge, or YAMM, is a mail merge add-on for Google Sheets that is whitelisted for use by the University of Michigan (see here). YAMM is a simple solution to send personalized emails and newsletters or notifications on forms submissions to multiple recipients.
You can find additional information on how to begin your first mail campaign, among other resources on YAMM’s website.
- Go to the G Suite Marketplace and search for Yet Another Mail Merge in the "Search apps" search bar in the top-middle of the screen
- Click the blue Install button to begin the installation process
- The next pop-up requests your permission for the installation - click Continue to advance
- If you have not signed in, you will now be prompted to do so. Please use your UMICH email address to sign in. On the next screen, YAMM will prompt you to allow it to access certain functions of your G-Suite account. Click Allow to continue.
- The add-on will install itself and once it has installed successfully, you will receive a confirmation pop-up that it was installed successfully (see below). Click Done to complete the installation process.
- On Yet Another Mail Merge's website:
- Click the Login with Google button and select your UMICH account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sign into the UMICH Weblogin with your uniqname and current password
- Authenticate with DUO then continue to the website
- From here, use menu drop-down in the top left-hand corner to navigate through the options available
- Within Google Sheets:
- Click Add-ons
- Hover Yet Another Mail Merge and select Start Mail Merge (see below)